Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Happiness is...the start of summer!

Happy Summer Solstice, all!

Today is the longest (and possibly the hottest so far) day of the year and in honor I've made a list of things I feel are quintessentially summertime, things I want to make sure I do before the air turns crisp and the leaves change colors and I'm forced to wear socks and shoes again on a regular basis.


  • Go on a picnic
  • Spend a day at the beach
  • Watch a movie under the stars
  • Blow bubbles
  • Make lemonade
  • Go to an outdoor concert
  • Watch fireworks
  • Make ice cream
  • Participate in a water fight
  • Go to an amusement park
  • Make a summer playlist
  • Take advantage of the neighborhood pool
  • Go camping
  • Eat BBQ
  • Decorate the sidewalk with chalk
  • Watch lightning bugs
  • Go hiking
  • Run through the sprinklers
  • Make a meal solely with food bought at a farmer’s market
  • Go to a baseball game
  • Lie on my back and count the stars

Anything missing?  What are your favorite summer pastimes?

2 comments:

  1. What a perfect list. I'd add: make popsicles (they are super easy) and kayak the Potomac.

    Happy Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, Popsicles and kayaking...excellent suggestions!

    ReplyDelete