Friday, June 1, 2012

Happiness is...the first firefly of summer.

At this exact moment we are experiencing a crazy tropical storm system with tornado warnings, torrential downpours, the works.  But yesterday was a beautiful day.

Last night I stood outside having a thoroughly enlightening conversation with a friend until nearly midnight.  The air was warm, the grass was cool on my occasionally bare feet and as the sky grew darker the lightning bugs came out in full force. They flickered around us, in and out of the grass and trees like stars falling from the sky or fairies playing a game of tag.

I always have to control myself to keep from wishing on them.  Well, that's a lie.  I usually do make at least one wish on the first one, just like I do with stars.


Star light, star bright
First star I see tonight
I wish I may, I wish I might
Have the wish I wish tonight.

If I could see the stars (or the fireflies) through the clouds and the deluge tonight I know just what I'd wish for.  How about you?


1 comment:

  1. amy...i love fireflies so much! when we first moved to chicago, i couldn't get enough of them. they really make me think that Heavenly Father is just so amazing.

    ReplyDelete