Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happiness is...a day for dads.


My dad and I have never had a fabulous relationship.  I love him dearly and I know he loves me but we are just so different (or maybe we are too similar?) we have always had a hard time getting along. One of the greatest things that has come from my move across the country is an improvement in our relationship.  I don't know that I'll ever be a daddy's girl (and I harbor secret envy of those who are) but my love and appreciation for him grows exponentially on a daily basis.

He is one of the smartest people I know, but also one of the most stubborn. I highly respect him and value his opinion but am also finally coming to understand and appreciate the fact that he doesn't know everything.  And he is learning to value my opinion as well.

He is one of the hardest working people I've ever met and he taught me to do a job well.

He has an undeniable faith and is willing to serve and teach and share that faith with others in any capacity. He's taught me to put the Lord first and do the same.

He's not perfect but he's always been there for me and I know he will be no matter what happens.

Even when we've not been able to see eye to eye I know that I can trust him and that he has nothing but my best interests in mind (even if it doesn't always come across that way.)

Thanks dad. For putting up with me.  For supporting me in so many ways. For being the example and the foundation of my life. I can only hope that I'll choose wisely enough that my children will be as lucky with their example of fatherhood as I was with mine.

I love you!

Happy Father's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment