Sunday, June 3, 2012

Happiness is...having a natural sanctuary.

Every now and then you just need to avoid reality.  I would have given anything to take a drive up the mountains today. To wind slowly to the pinnacle, to rise above it all, to look down on everything below, to gain an elevated perspective, to clear my head.  But as I'm hundreds of miles from anything that can realistically be termed a mountain I had to make do with what I have at my disposal...a river.

This afternoon I bailed from all of my duties and responsibilities and drove down the George Washington Parkway along the Potomac River. I pulled over, found a bench and spent a couple of hours letting the breeze blow through my hair, the sun kiss my face and my worries float down stream with the rest of the debris in the current.



Some days you just need to commune with nature and empty your mind of everything else. Today was one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment