Thursday, October 4, 2012

a timely message.

In anticipation of General Conference  this weekend (a worldwide gathering of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints aka Mormons where we are taught by and hear messages from our leaders) a friend has been posting a talk each day on her Facebook page. I re-read this one and loved it so I'm sharing it with all of you.

Take a minute to read it and then come back.
But If Not...

Man, am I guilty of having that 8th grade kind of faith. There are things I want and expect and hope for my life that continually fail to come to pass and it's hard on my faith. Sometimes I can suck it up and smile and realize that someone who knows infinitely more than I do is in charge of it all but sometimes I falter and doubt, cry and demand and want to give up and give in. Obviously I haven't learned to take my faith to that next level, to truly trust and believe in my Savior the way He wants and has commanded.

I particularly love the closing thought...

Our God will see that we receive justice and fairness, but if not. … He will make sure that we are loved and recognized, but if not. … We will receive a perfect companion and righteous and obedient children, but if not, … we will have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, knowing that if we do all we can do, we will, in His time and in His way, be delivered and receive all that He has. 

Life is hard but we can still find faith and hope in whatever higher power guides our lives and trust that things will all be made right eventually if we just hold on.

I look forward to learning and being taught even more this weekend and will be sure to share some of the highlights and faves later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment