Saturday, March 2, 2013

a hint of spring.

I spent a good part of my day in Philadelphia today viewing the famous flower show exhibition.  Not only was it a much needed respite from the grind of daily life (it's amazing what a change of scenery will do) but it was refreshing to be surrounded by works of art incorporating the smells and textures of countless blooms. The air outside was brisk but inside spring had sprung.

This year's theme was "Brilliant" and everything tied in somehow to Great Britain. The Beatles featured prominently, the royal family made a few appearances, and floral literary figures abounded.  (The lighting in the building was horrendous, btw so the photos aren't great. Sorry!)

Jane Austen's front door
The green/White Rabbit 
The Dowager Countess of Grantham
one of the beautiful blooms
the entrance gate
Underground pep talks
Big Ben
We sandwiched our visit in between trips to Reading Terminal Market for breakfast pretzels, mile high sandwiches and Amish baked goods. It was a great escape and fed my spring fever.

And on top of that I came home to find this fabulous surprise waiting for me in my stack of mail.
In case you can't tell, that is a USB disguised as a cassette tape and it contains my first mix in this round of long distance music swaps. Is that not the cutest thing you've ever seen? It made my fantastic day even more amazing! Thanks, M! Can't wait to listen to the tunes!

March is already better than February and it's only 2 days in. Bring it!

No comments:

Post a Comment