Saturday, March 9, 2013

new music!

It's that time of year again. Time to whip out the blank CDs and favorite tunes and make some playlists for our music swap. We've recruited a few more contributors this time around so I'm looking forward to getting 5 different mixes in the mail over the next few weeks.


March tends to be the ushering in of springtime and a change in scenery for me both physically and emotionally. February drags on and on and by the end the winter blues and ennui have settled in pretty deep. But once March is underway I've shaken the cobwebs from my brain, kicked up my heels and am ready to throw open the windows and let the sunshine in. This list isn't quite the perfect representation of that transformation but it comes as close as I could get while sticking to the song/time limit parameter. Here's what I sent:


1. Winter in My Heart        The Avett Brothers
2. A Hazy Shade of Winter        Simon and Garfunkel
3. Why Does It Always Rain on Me?        Travis
4. Stop This World        Diana Krall
5. Into the Ocean        Blue October
6. Hunted by Ghosts        The Local Strangers
7. Up the Road        Blackberry Smoke
8. Cold Wind        Among Savages
9. Boston        Augustana
10. Things Will Change        Treetop Flyers
11. Here Comes the Sun        The Beatles
 
And of the two I've gotten in the mail so far these are the tracks that I just can't stop listening to!

This tune is one I came across a couple of months ago in some of my musical wanderings but then had failed to write down what it was and where I found it.  I was so tickled that it crossed my path again! Musical fate, it's a magical thing!

And this one just sort of gets in your brain and doesn't let go!

What's featuring in the soundtrack of your life lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment