Sunday, February 17, 2013

all things Downton.

I've been holding off on this post until after the final episode aired in the US as to avoid letting any spoilers leak. And let me tell you how hard that's been!

So, if you've not seen it yet please skip to the videos etc. If you have seen it, well then...what the what?!?!?! I mean, I know the guy who plays Matthew hadn't signed on for another season but really, did they have to kill him? So gruesomely? And right after they'd had a tiny smidge of happiness? Couldn't they have sent him off to India or somewhere to do business and had him go missing or something less drastic? Yikes! And poor, poor Edith. Let's hope next season brings her a bit of joy, huh?

And some random fandom...

If you haven't seen this photo circulating yet, of the cast in the NY city subway, it's a great one.
Our Mr. Thomas is kind of a hottie when he's not being a creeper! Wow!

And I'd heard that Lady Cora's alter ego fronted a band but who knew Ladies Mary and Sibyl also had some pipes? And that they (at least jokingly) want to start a band together? Check out some sample singing here.

And oh, the spoofs and parodies! Here's a site that has compiled some of the best of the best.

If you don't know what I'm talking about then you are seriously missing out on some great television (ie a period soap!) Classic. Go watch it, you know you want to. And when you're done come back and we'll chat all about it.

And one final comment, when I grow up I want to be the Dowager Countess. She gets all the best lines!

PS--The Mumford and Sons concert was absolutely amazing!! One of the best I've ever seen. If you get a chance to see them strut their stuff live and in person, take it, take it, take it!! You won't regret it. And if you do (regret it, I mean) well, then we can no longer be friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment