Monday, February 4, 2013

a random list.

Brought to you by the letter 'P'.

First up, I failed to acknowledge the 200th anniversary of the publishing of Pride and Prejudice, last week. Here is everyone's favorite Mr. Darcy (courtesy of IMDB) to help us celebrate in style.
"You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you."  Well, okay, if you must!

Next, is this charming Pixar short, Paperman, up for an Oscar later this month.


Speaking of Oscars, I went with some friends on Saturday to see Life of Pi. I hadn't loved the book but after watching the film I think I might need to go back and re-read it.  Not only was it beautiful (definitely deserving of the nominations for cinematography and effects) but the story was touching, full of allusions to God and spirituality that one rarely sees in mainstream media. I highly recommend it!

And lets finish up with some music by the amazing Piano Guys. They've been making the rounds on youtube for awhile now but their musical mash-ups and instrumental innovations are phenomenal! Just watch all the ways they use this piano!

And that's all for today. Happy whatever's left of your Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Love those Piano Guys! And Mr. Darcy! AND Life of Pi! Yep, I love all the these you posted about here! :)

    ReplyDelete