Wednesday, December 5, 2012

a life lesson.


I haven’t been MIA on purpose, despite how it’s all looked lately. I’m still trying to decide what to do about the lack of storage space issue.  Apparently blogger gives you 5 gb free storage for photos and videos and then after that you have to pay a monthly fee. So, I’m debating whether to go back and delete superfluous photos or just suck it up and pay the money or see if there’s something else I can do. And on top of that I’ve had a whopper of a cold this week.  Home from work and subsisting on a steady diet of soups and cheesy Christmas movies I’ve had a lot of time to think…but I haven’t. Mostly I’ve just soaked up a myriad of lessons from tv and the kindness of friends and roommates.  I thought I’d pass on a few of the best to you all! (You can thank me later.)

  • There is healing power in homemade gingerbread
  • All wishes come true
  • There’s no such thing as too much Lysol
  • Christmas music is the best music of all, and finding new faves makes the season even better
  • A hot bath and a good book can cure a host of ills
  • Even if things don’t quite go as planned along the way the end result will be better than you imagined
  • You can relive/makeover your entire life in the span of 24 hours (or a couple of weeks, tops)
  • Soup, in its endless varieties, is a near-perfect food
  • Packages in the mail make even the worst day bearable
  • A meddlesome Santa/family member/guardian angel is the best matchmaker (and if you don’t marry the person they’re trying to match you with your efforts to escape them will lead you to The One)  
  • To increase your chances of finding love volunteer at a dog shelter
  • And if all else fails hire someone to be your significant other to fool your family and you’ll be married by New Year’s!

So, adios to the first cold of the season. (Did you hear me? I'm done with you!!)  Let’s hope this isn’t a portent of things to come but rather the only blow, leaving the rest of winter (or pseudo summer if you’re experiencing 70+ degrees and sunshine like we have been…or so I’ve heard) sickness free!

No comments:

Post a Comment