Friday, December 14, 2012

a promise of peace.

In light of today's horrific events a friend had posted the words to I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day on facebook.  I thought it was a beautiful tie in and a great reminder that while we won't experience peace on earth in a worldwide sense there are always moments of peace to be had and the promise of peace to come.

 And in despair I bowed my head:
"There is no peace on earth," I said,
"For hate is strong and mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good will to men."

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
"God is not dead, nor doth he sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail,
With peace on earth, good will to men."


 The Prince of Peace has given us His comforter in times of trial and will come to reign personally over all His creations eventually.  So while our hearts and prayers go out to those who are the victims of senseless acts of violence or natural disasters, abuse, disease and so many other things I'm grateful for the knowledge that these things "shall be but a small moment" and in time we will all have peace.

(I'm also grateful for the knowledge that God is just and will measure out His judgements accordingly!)

No comments:

Post a Comment