Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Happiness is...a bookish quote.

In the few days I've had of recovery from my dirge of summer book reviews I've been able to slow down a bit and savor my reading more than I have the last few months. It's been glorious.  Our weather has cooled considerably and it's almost pleasant to be outside again and I crave a few stolen moments to just be...with a book, with nature, with nothing to do!
 
My friend has a lovely print in her living room which I covet every time I go there that sums up my feelings exactly.


Oh for a book and a shady nook,
Either indoors or out,
with the green leaves whispering overhead,
or the street cries all about.
Where I may read at all my ease
both of the new and old,
For a jolly good book whereon to look
is better to me than gold 
~John Wilson
 

How have you been spending your week?

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic!

    I'm delighted to know you like my little print. Etsy is such a dangerous place....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true. I've stopped looking cuz I lose any sense of self-control and my budget becomes a distant memory!

      Delete