Sunday, March 13, 2011

Happiness is...a pretty book cover!

I am very much a believer in judging a book by its cover. I love to wander up and down the stacks in the libraries and book stores just waiting for a book to call out to me from the shelves...'pick me, take me home.'  I've had some great experiences with books I've heard nothing about but practically jumped from the shelf and into my arms.  (Yes, I've also had some pretty terrible experiences as well, but the good ones far outweigh the bad.)  But sometimes I appreciate the book just as much (if not more) for its aesthetic value as its educational worth.  Often what is on its cover is more appealing that what is contained within it.

Here are just a few I've picked up or added to my TBR pile more because of the image on the cover than anything I've known about the story.  Most are richly colored, lushly decorated, mysterious or enchanting; the kind of places you would love to at least visit if not get hopelessly lost in. 

Enjoy the beauty!



What do you judge completely by its looks? Do you find you are more often disappointed when you do?  Have you ever been pleasantly surprised?

(Does anyone know a better way to load photos?! ie, without the ugly white borders and with control over exactly where they are placed?)

No comments:

Post a Comment