Thursday, January 13, 2011

Happiness is...a new computer!

So, my little laptop has been with me since I made the move from Utah to Virginia nearly 5 years ago.  It's been through the ringer and back more than once.  Besides coming across the country I've dropped it, gone through an online master's program, watched countless movies, downloaded/uploaded who knows how many songs to itunes, stored so many photos and journal entries that it's tiny little 37 GB hard drive (I even added extra memory beyond what it came with originally) has had a hard time keeping up.  I've spread things between CDs and flash drives and external hard drives and deleted them from the hard drive more times than I can count.  It's come back from the brink of death twice, both times during my schooling and only by the grace of fervent and tearful prayers (it works people!)

So, my goal for this year was to use my tax returns not for travel as I usually, do but for a new laptop.  And as much as I need one, oh how that decision hurt! I'm just not a happy camper when I don't have a vacation on the horizon.  But, never fear!  Daddy came to the rescue with a belated graduation gift when I was home for Christmas this year, some funds toward the purchase of a new computer.  Woohoo!

Last weekend, after much deliberation, I trotted over to my friendly neighborhood BestBuy and found me an itty bitty Toshiba (pictures of the new bundle of joy to be added soon). Now I just need to figure out how to use it!

No comments:

Post a Comment