Monday, January 17, 2011

Happiness is...a home-cooked meal!

Another of my New Year's Resolutions is to widen my repertoire of recipes and cooking skills. So, I decided I wanted to make a full-on meal once a month; everything from appetizer to dessert.  The only problem is I have a roommate who loves to cook, so my plans have been a teensy bit thwarted, but in a good way.  Instead of doing the entire meal by myself I combined my efforts and the two of us created an absolutely delicious Sunday dinner which we shared with our other roommate and a few friends from church.  It was pretty amazing if I do say so myself.  Just look at this tasty spread...



Roast chicken with lemon, rosemary and thyme.  Roasted potatoes and carrots. Homemade kalamata olive and garlic bread with rosemary butter. Lemon panna cotta with blueberry sauce.  Yum!

And tonight I'm mixing up a batch of homemade chicken noodle soup with the leftover carcass from yesterday.  The perfect winter meal on this cold and blustery afternoon.

Oh, and did I mention that happiness is also a 3-day weekend?  And a clean room? And a de-junked closet?  How was your weekend, reader?  Here's hoping it was just as productive and filled with a bit of happiness as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment