Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happiness is...a birthday party!

I threw myself a birthday party yesterday.  That's another first for me.  I don't like to be in the spotlight.  That's just asking for trouble when things don't go according to plan, you can't fade into the shadows and pretend you have no idea what's going on.  (In the shadows, that's my favorite place to be!)  But it turned out rather well.  There was a decent amount of people that showed up but not so many I felt overwhelmed.  And it was great to spend some time with some truly wonderful friends.  I was showered with unexpected gifts and a month's worth of hugs along with tasty treats and terrific conversation. It definitely made up for the crappy rest of the week I spent sniffling, sneezing and feeling generally yucky. 

A few more things that make me happy...
Cupcakes!
African Violets
Star Wars cookies
Any wish I could have made while blowing out my candles would pale in comparison to what I already have in my life, compliments of the wonderful people I call friends. As Ralph Waldo Emerson said, "A friend may well be reckoned the masterpiece of Nature."  Amen, Mr. Emerson.  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment