Friday, May 17, 2013

a road trip!

I suppose "road trip" is a bit of an understatement for the upcoming vacation.  My sister and I are headed to Europe for a few weeks.  We're going to visit family, bike and hike through the Moselle Valley in Germany, eat chocolate in Belgium, soak up some art in the Netherlands and stop off in the tiny but Grand Duchy of Luxembourg.

There will be some radio silence in this neck of the woods until I get back but I promise a thorough travelogue and the unveiling of the great announcement (relatively soon!)

But I thought I'd leave you with a little musical flashback.  This song came on my playlist this morning and while it doesn't really have anything to do with anything I found myself singing along with the refrain "I'll carry on regardless" in sort of a 'stick it to the man' kind of anthem revolting against all the things that keep piling themselves onto my to do list.  They're nothing too crazy and will all lead to great things but there are seriously like a million of them! Not to mention all the things I still have to do to get ready for this trip. Aaaahh! Sometimes it's all a bit overwhelming!

So, your assignment for the weekend is to 'carry on regardless' and I'll see you all on the other side of May!


No comments:

Post a Comment