Monday, November 12, 2012

being grateful.

No photo today.  Instead I'm reposting a video that's currently making its way around the interweb.  This is Mr. Sean Bean reciting a poem by Wilfred Owen in honor of Britain's Remembrance Day (or Veteran's Day as we call it here in the US.)  This man could probably bring me to tears with a recitation of the phone book so be prepared for some chills and more than a momentary pause to think on the words and meaning of what he's saying.


And as always, an insufficient thank-you to all those who have served and are currently serving in various military positions throughout the world. To my grandpas, uncles, cousins, friends, neighbors and strangers who put their lives on the line to preserve our freedoms and oppose tyranny, all my love and gratitude.

Never forget!

1 comment:

  1. Um this is awesome. I must use it in my Western Civ class when we do WWI. Thanks for sharing. You know cool stuff.

    ReplyDelete