Monday, September 17, 2012

a good book.

No reviews just yet but here are a few I've been reading and enjoying lately.  (Full disclosure: I haven't finished all of these so I reserve the right to change my opinion if they somehow mess everything up with a horrible ending!)


Travels with My Aunt by Graham Greene

So far it's rather hysterical and apparently there's a film version floating around out there with Maggie Smith as the main character.
Must find!






Splendors and Glooms by Laura Amy Schlitz

This one's been getting a lot of Newbery buzz and I can see why. A Victorian Gothic thriller for kids, hopefully the ending doesn't let me down!







Goldilocks and the Three Dinosaurs by Mo Willems

Okay, this one I've finished and it's pretty great. A meta-twist on the classic story full of irreverent characters.  Older kids (who will appreciate the jokes) will love it.








Color: A Natural History of the Palette by Victoria Finlay

I haven't started this one yet but I'm uber intrigued by the premise; tracing the history of colors.  And just look at the gorgeous cover!







And that's just the beginning of my current pile.  What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment