Tuesday, September 17, 2013

a bookish list.

I saw this posted a few weeks ago over at The Perpetual Page-Turner and I've been slowly working on it ever since. I figured I'd share it since I haven't posted much lately. Enjoy!


Author you’ve read the most books from: 
Mo Willems (children’s) Elizabeth Peters (adult)
Best Sequel Ever: 
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by JK Rowling
Currently Reading: 
Salt: A World History by Mark Kurlansky and  
Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
Drink of Choice While Reading: 
herbal tea (there’s just something about tea and a book that go together)
E-reader or Physical Book? 
Physical book. I understand the appeal of e-readers but the heft and smell of a real book just can’t be beat
Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated In High School:
Gilbert Blythe (from the Anne of Green Gables series by LM Montgomery)
Glad You Gave This Book A Chance
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (I’m not a huge fan of his, I feel he tends to be a bit overrated, but this book lived up to the hype!)
 Hidden Gem Book:
Keeping the Castle by Patricia Kindl
Important Moment in your Reading Life: 
A conversation I had with a  college roommate lead me to re-reading children’s books as an adult and I’ve never looked back
Just Finished: 
The Amish Nanny by Mindy Starns Clark
Kinds of Books You Won’t Read: 
Erotica. A bit of story enhancing smut is one thing but you have to draw the line somewhere.
Longest Book You’ve Read:
Chesapeake by James Michener (888 pgs)
Major book hangover because of:
Oh, too many to count! But most recently The Rose Garden by Susana Kearsley
Number of Bookcases You Own: 
At least 9 of various sizes but they are always filled to overflowing when they aren’t in storage (which is where they are currently.)
One Book You Have Read Multiple Times: 
Les Miserables by Victor Hugo (though always an abridged version)
Preferred Place To Read: 
Anywhere I can curl up and get cozy; bed, couch, hammock, etc.
Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you’ve read:  
I’m opting out on this one, all my notes are in storage. But here’s a great bookish quote:
No book is really worth reading at the age of ten which is not equally—and often far more—worth reading at the age of fifty and beyond. 
~CS Lewis
Reading Regret:
Becoming way too obsessed with the Babysitters Club in elementary school. I shudder when I think of how many great reading opportunities I missed while reading and re-reading ALL of these books.
 Series You Started And Need To Finish 
(all books are out in series):
             Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card-especially with the movie on the way
Three of your All-Time Favorite Books: 
Legend in Green Velvet by Elizabeth Peters, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte, To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
 Unapologetic Fangirl For: 
Daughter of the Forest by Juliet Marillier
Very Excited For This Release More Than All The Others: 
Nothing stands out at the moment but I’m always excited to read the newest Mo Willems
Worst Bookish Habit: 
Eating while I read. Gooey fingers and spills happen more often than I’d like to admit.
X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book: (random Goodreads ToRead bookshelf #27)  
City of a Thousand Dolls by Miriam Forster
Your latest book purchase: 
Hello, My Name is Ruby by Phillip Stead
ZZZ-snatcher book (last book that kept you up WAY late): 
Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

What would your answers look like? Do we have anything in common?

News and additional posts coming later this week.  I promise!  Thanks for sticking with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment