Friday, April 19, 2013

some thought-filled words.

In light of all that has been going on the last couple of days I've had a phrase running constantly through my head.  "Things shouldn't be so hard." *

I feel grateful to have a spiritual background that gives me a bit of peace in the midst of confusion and pain even if it doesn't always answer the questions. Don't get me wrong. The pain is real and still hurts, but the peace can eventually soothe it to a dull ache and allow us to go on with our lives.  My heart goes out to all who are suffering in any way and hope that they find their moments of peace and maybe even answers. Life is hard but it is usually through the 'hard' that we learn lessons and grow our character and prove that we can both rise above and not go down without a fight.

Thoughts and prayers with all those affected by the events in Boston. God bless us all.

*Taken from this poem by Kay Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment