Thursday, January 24, 2013

looking forward in anticipation.

That title could mean a host of things. There are changes on the horizon and I'm trying to convince myself that they are all things to be looked forward to. But alas, the gloom and chill we are experiencing weather-wise has sunk into my bones and my brain and thrown me into a bit of a funk of late that no amount of hot cocoa or fuzzy socks has been able to cure. So, I've been forcing myself to look beyond the limits of my life as it currently is to find the good things that are to come and here's what I've come up with.

First, our book club made a final decision and our first read will be:
An adventure on the Amazon sounds perfectly warm and cheery, snakes and poison arrows be darned!

And second, my favorite tousle-haired crooner is coming out with a new album in a few days. Here's the first single.

Ah, I can feel the bones starting to melt already!

What are you doing to keep warm?  And how do you beat the winter blahs?

No comments:

Post a Comment