Sunday, April 1, 2012

Happiness is...a spiritual uplift.

This weekend I had the opportunity to listen to prophets and apostles of God speak and preach and testify of Christ, to warn and exhort and expound doctrine, to encourage and love and bless all within the sound of their voice.  I get to have this amazing experience every six months as the members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints gather for general conference. We forgo our regular Sunday church meetings and tune in on cable channels, satellite broadcasts, and through the internet all across the globe to be spiritually fed and taught by leaders who love us and want nothing more than to help us become more like Christ so that we can eventually return to His presence.

It's been a rough couple of months with the health challenges I've frequently complained about (sorry about that) as well as a few other things going on that I have felt pressured and confused and stressed over. I'd love to say that I got all the answers to everything I was questioning and worrying about but that didn't happen.  Instead my mind was stilled, my heart was comforted, and I was given peace and the reassurance that I'll be okay and things will work out the way they're supposed to. I was uplifted and renewed and reminded of what is truly important (*hint-it's rarely the things I actual spend time worrying about!)

If you've ever questioned where you came from, what will happen to you after you die, why you are here, if there is a God or what you should be doing in any aspect of your life I encourage you to listen to or read the messages found at the link above. Pray and ask for confirmation of the truthfulness of those things you learn.  I promise you will find peace and comfort and guidance if you have an open and willing heart. Or if you are curious about who Mormons are and what we truly believe you can go here for explanations and real member profiles.

And in the meantime, I'd love to hear what brings you peace and guides your life.  (One can never have too much peace!)

No comments:

Post a Comment