Saturday, April 19, 2014

a miracle.

I'm taking a tiny break from all of the vacation posts to share a powerful holiday message.  This past week is known as Holy Week to most of the Christian world, commemorating the last week of Jesus Christ's mortal life and ministry, culminating in the miracle of His resurrection Easter morning. I can't even begin to put into words the feelings I have for my Savior.  His perfect life was an example of all we should strive to be. His sacrifice gives each of us have the opportunity to repent and start again.  His death and resurrection are the means by which we can eventually overcome our own mortality and live eternally in His presence. I don't pretend to understand how any of it was accomplished but my faith in Him brings me peace and purpose in a world that is most often crazy and chaotic.


If you'd like to know more you can visit this link for a beautiful re-cap of the Easter story.

Thanks for bearing with me. Besides, I figured you could use a reprieve from all the travelogue-ing. Australia's pretty much done with. Next week...New Zealand!

No comments:

Post a Comment