Thursday, September 15, 2011

Happiness is...writing a poem.

Even when the subject matter isn't necessarily happy I do get a bit of a lift when I create something. So, here is a poem to match my melancholy mood of late.

Loose Ends

It has been said
that
each new beginning
is really just the end of some other
beginning from long ago
and
'happily ever after'
is actually
'to be continued.'
But what happens
when,
rather than a happy ending,
the ends of things are sad
and there are
not
enough
beginnings
to go around?
What happens to the possibilities
stuck in the middle
waiting to play out
for better
or worse?
How do I tell my story
minus its
most
important
parts?

c-Amy McMillan, 2011

Yeah, that's about how I'm feeling at the moment. Don't you hate it when things just don't go the way you want them to and there's not really anything you can do about it? I mean, it's one thing when life sucks and it's your own fault or you can at least construct a battle plan and put it into play (or sit back and dwell in your misery knowing full-well that when you're done dwelling and moping you can get up and kick its [whatever 'it' happens to be] butt and move on!) But when there's no apparent reason for any of it, no direction, no drive...yeah, that bites!

Any advice? How do you get over your discouragements? Find direction when you're lost? Or just beat the blahs?  I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment